• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Display (Common) Numbers to Survey Stations

Orlando

Hello,

I turned to you all to help me out on this one! I have been trying and trying to figure out how to do this and I just can't seem to do it.

I have a cell that contains a number, say 125.22 and another cell that contains another number say 138.00

Those two are the initial station and the final station for a topographic (surveying) study that I am doing. I need it to show in this way:

"Study goes from 0+125.22 to 0+138.00"

I just can't seem to achieve that specific formatting with the plus sign and decimals in a single cell. Basically the format is #+###.##

So a number like 12,400.01 would be: 12+400.01
And a number like 1 would be: 0+001.00

Please help me out?

Thanks in advance!! :)

ORLANDO

Instead of using #, use 0. A # tells XL that if there is a number in this place, display it. The 0 says that you must display a number. Custom format would be:
0"+"000.00

Instead of using #, use 0. A # tells XL that if there is a number in this place, display it. The 0 says that you must display a number. Custom format would be:
0"+"000.00

Thanks Luke!

I can do that no problem, but the thing is I need it to show in a cell saying "Study goes from XXXX to XXXX" where XXXX has to be formatted the way I want. When I concatenate the XXXX format only shows a decimal number which is not what I want.

Example:

After I format the cells like "0+000.00" in custom cell properties and I concatenate them it shows:

"Study goes from 125.22 to 138"

and I need it to output "Study goes from 0+125.22 to 0+138.00"

See what I mean?

Thanks!! :)

ORLANDO

Assuming the original numbers are in A2 and A3
="Study goes from "&TEXT(A2,"0+000.00")&" to "&TEXT(A3,"0+000.00")

Back