• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Display any number in crore format with 2 decimals using customer number format?

How do I display any number in crore format with 2 decimals using customer number format?

For eg. 1630967614 into 163.09 Crs

I searched on net and found one customer number format - #\.0000 "Crs"

But this displays numbers in 4 decimals - 163.0968 Crs. However, I only want 2 decimals.

Please assist.

Kumar Shanmugam
Clear 3rd and 4th 'zero' away from Your format which You wrote it works.
If that not help - then do as everybody should do automatic - upload a sample file!

Sorry Since I don't have uploading rights in my office Laptop. Hence did not upload the sample file.

So borrowed laptop from my friend and attached the required file, Please find attached the file where i am not getting the result as per the required output.

Attachments

• Number format Issue.xlsb
    8.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Cr format issue.JPG
    Cr format issue.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 10
Kumar Shanmugam
That is something else than number formatting ...
Your 'want' could be something, but 1630967614 into 163.09 Crs ... won't work!
... or of course ... this could someway work to display, but if those 'wants' will use later - then wrong results!
The most near, You could get like in this file ... 163.10 Crs, then that value could use ( if know and understand, what would be the real value! )
1630967614 is different value than 163.09 Crs. ... Which one would be in Your wallet?

Attachments

8.8 KB · Views: 8
Please try Press ctrl+J before % to insert a new line and use Wrap text

0.00,,, "Crs"
%

Attachments

8.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I suspect that it is not possible to do what because Excel is build about the international numbering system of 1000s and 1000000s.
One possibility it actually divide you number by 10^7 and denominate it as crore.
The other option (#\.0,,"0 Crs") leaves the number untouched but loses a significant figure in the display.

Attachments

• Number format Issue.xlsx
    10.1 KB · Views: 6
Original 'want' is:
How do I display any number in crore format with 2 decimals using customer number format?
For eg. 1630967614 into 163.09 Crs
10 is different than 09

@Excel Wizard
Thanks for the explanation. That one, I would not have thought of!
It is odd that cell sizing does not recognise the two line layout; it demands additional cell width rather than double height.

Back