• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Delete rows based on condition vba

coolkiran

Hi All

I have a excel sheet which has 4 column, i would like to delete rows based on some criteria's.

My columns are Record #, Amount, Note 1 and Note 2.

My Criteria will be : Some time Note 1 or Note 2 will have record #.

I have attached example file, in that first row having some note 1, which is a record # we can find it in Row no : 22.

In this case sum of these amount is Zero, so i need to delete both rows. Similarly i need to check all rows which has Note 1 and Note 2 against Record # and Amount,

Attachments

• Chandoo.xlsx
    12.3 KB · Views: 10
Hi ,

So based on the data in your uploaded file , which rows will be deleted , and which ones will remain at the end ?

Narayan

Hi,

ever not need a VBA code, easy to identify via a beginner level formula !

So many ways, best depends on the number of rows of real worksheet
and its real layout …

Thanks for your reply, i need it in macro because i need to call the macro function from another application.

Regarding Layout the header will not change And row may vary.

Hi ,

See if this is OK. Please backup your working file before you run the macro , since no undo is possible once the macro is run.

Narayan

Attachments

• Temp.xlsm
    17.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi ,

See if this is OK. Please backup your working file before you run the macro , since no undo is possible once the macro is run.

Narayan
Thanks for the code Narayan.

Small issue is if i changed any value in Amount, Eg: i changed value as 4903.39 in row number 2, when i run macro, it shouldn't delete, because its doesn't have matching opposite.

But current macro deletes it.

Hi ,

I just downloaded the file from this thread , changed the amount from 4902.39 to 4903.39 , and ran the macro.

After completion , this row remained undeleted.

Narayan

Hi ,

I just downloaded the file from this thread , changed the amount from 4902.39 to 4903.39 , and ran the macro.

After completion , this row remained undeleted.

Narayan
Correct, but it shouldn't delete 4902.39 (Row No 22) as well. it doesn't have opposite, if we changed row no 2 as 4903.39

Hi ,

Sorry , but I did not check by changing both instances ; changing the later instance of -4902.39 to -4903.39 created a problem.

I have revised the code in the attached file.

Narayan

Attachments

• Sample File.xlsm
    17.6 KB · Views: 1
Back