1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Delete duplicates within a single cell?

Discussion in 'Ask an Excel Question' started by thomasdoles, Jul 17, 2017.

1. thomasdoles

thomasdoles New Member

Hey guys. So Ive been working on getting information for everyone in my company for a while now, and im finally in the final steps. After combining all of the worksheets, and then combining rows (same name rows combined, semicolon seperates data from duplicate row), I have duplicate information in single cells. Does anyone know how I can fix that and only keep the unique information?

Ive uploaded a column from my sheet that I need to do this for.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. AlanSidman

AlanSidman Active Member

In column B, = Left(A1,4) and copy down.
  3. thomasdoles

thomasdoles New Member

4. AlanSidman

AlanSidman Active Member

Assume your data in A1, then in B1 =LEFT(A1,FIND(";",A1,1)-1) and copy down.
  5. NARAYANK991

NARAYANK991 Excel Ninja

Hi ,

To add to what has already been posted , just in case there is no duplicate in a cell (and therefore the semi-colon might not be present in the cell) , the following will still return a valid result :

=LEFT(A2,FIND(";",A2 & ";",1)-1)

Narayan