• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

DATEDIF gives Value error

I am using DATEDIF function in the attached workbook.
This is the first time I using the function and it is giving me a value error.
Could you kindly help me here.

Change your formula to use "D" instead of "d"

It worked for me when I changed it. I also changed the Date convention to mm/dd/yy which is normal for where I live.

Change your formula to use "D" instead of "d"

It worked for me when I changed it. I also changed the Date convention to mm/dd/yy which is normal for where I live.
Hi ,

Both d and D should work.

I pressed F2 and then ENTER , and it worked ; I copied the formula in E2 downwards and it worked.

CTRL ALT F9 worked.

Narayan

Thanks fo your response. However I tried all you options as mentioned above and still issue persists. Could you kindly help me here.

Reattached the excel sheet again.

Attachments

• ps.xls.xlsx
    12.1 KB · Views: 9
Hi ,

Just for the record :

The DATEDIF function gives a #NUM! error result if the first date parameter is greater than the second date parameter ; the first parameter is the START DATE , and the second parameter is the END DATE ; the START DATE is expected to be less than or prior to the END DATE.

The DATEDIF function also gives a #NUM! error result if the third parameter is an invalid format string. Thus , "d" or "D" is for days , "m" or "M" is for months , and "y" or "Y" is for years ; anything else is invalid and will result in the error value #NUM! being output.

The DATEDIF function gives a #VALUE! error result if either or both of the two date parameters are not valid dates that Excel can recognize ; Excel treats invalid dates (dates in the wrong format) as text strings , and if either or both of the first two parameters are text , the error result #VALUE! will be output.

Narayan

Back