• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Date format in Excel

Dee

Dear Experts,

i have issue with date. i need to change the date format from 21-08-13

to 7/8/2013. When i apply format only few of them are changing and most of them are not changing the original format.

Both the foramt are in DAte format need to change them to MM/DD/YYYY.

i tried changing the settings in going to Change the date,time or number format in control panel of Regional & Lanugage.

If you want me to upload the sheet pls give me a link where i can upload the file.

Please help me with this.

Thanks in advance,

Dee

Dee

It sounds like some of your dates are store as text and not as dates

Changing the format wont change a date from 21-08-13 to 7/8/2013 because they are two different dates. However sometimes when data is imported in certain ways formatting appears to be none responsive, however if you select your column then go to data/text to columns then just hit finish that should convert everything to the format you have chosen. Alternatively (if you use 2003) you can copy the entire column into notepad, then simply copy it back into excel and it works the same. If none of these work, uploading your workbook would help us identify the problem

Back