• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Data Validation with condition

uday

Hi,

In attached file there are three columns for data entry. I want each column should be entered properly with their associate column data.

Precisely, If anyone keep blank in selected cells range. The missing information should reflect with Sheet name and column header with Message box.

Few Cells have been intentionally kept blank for testing.

Regards,

Roy

Attachments

• Data Validation.xlsx
    8.9 KB · Views: 8
Why not apply a Conditional Form,at to highlight the cells just like you did with Red

Select the data area A2:C7
Goto the Home, Conditional Format, New Conditional Format
use a Formula
=Ifblank(A2)
apply a Red Fill Color
apply

Hi Hui,

I am not trying to achieve to find out blank cell by conditional formatting.

The missing data should be alerted by message box with their associate column header. i.e. if someone forget to update the date data..excel should prompt the user to update it. Same way it should apply for other columns as well.

And the user name should pick up in message box by sheet name.

This is an example of maintaining hygiene from user's data entry perspective.

Regards,
Uday

What is simpler than asking them to leave no red cells?

They won’t be Red once filled

Hi Hui,

The problem is I need to maintain 50 trackers like this example and those trackers are maintained by 50 different users. I have told them 1000 times to validate the data correctly. But I am now tiered.

So, I want to put a workbook open or close procedure with mentioned process to avoid this type of problem in future.

Regards,
Roy

I would also add a Master Status at the top of each tracker once again using CF
eg:
upload_2018-4-18_8-22-21.png

and

upload_2018-4-18_8-22-59.png

Back