• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Data Validation inquiry

FVFO

Hi everyone,

I was needing your help on something, not really sure how to do it.

I have a document where on column B agents need to Input a date of denial, and column C a denial status that can be Denied or Appeal, on another column i have a formula that calculates time to refile and the available time to do this depends on what type of denial status was received.

Some agents are leaving column B (date of denial) empty but still filling out Denied or Appeal on Column C when this happens my formula doesnt calculate correctly.

How can I make sure that if they fill status on column C they get an alert prompting them to fill column B, would really prefer to avoid conditional formatting.

Can I get any input from you in regards to this scenario? Thanks in advance

Best wishes to all.

You could just use conditional formatting with custom formula. Sample attached

Attachments

• Book1.xlsx
    11.3 KB · Views: 2
Hi everyone,

I have a document where on column B agents need to Input a date of denial, and column C a denial status that can be Denied or Appeal, on another column i have a formula that calculates time to refile and the available time to do this depends on what type of denial status was received.

Some agents are leaving column B (date of denial) empty but still filling out Denied or Appeal on Column C when this happens my formula doesnt calculate correctly.

How can I make sure that if they fill status on column C they get an alert prompting them to fill column B, would really prefer to avoid conditional formatting.

Best wishes to all.[/quote

Does your formula calculate the numbers available to Appeal and what happens if it is Denied.
Hi everyone,

Best wishes to all.

What does your formula calculate if agents enter Appeal or Denied. Let me know if this works

Attachments

• Denied-Appeal.xlsx
    9.1 KB · Views: 3
Back