• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Data Type and ROUND function - Logarithmic CHARTING

nagovind

In an excel sheet using VBA i have generated xy coordinates

There are 50K points

I'm using array to store the vlaues

XY scatter chart with LOG-LOG scale is used

Issue is...i need to round up the "y" coordinate to 3 decimal places for other calculation purpose

But if i declare the array as VARIANT then if i store the rounded value in to the array of variant type it is not at all rounded/ truncated it is showing some value in the cell even after 3rd decimal places

whilst if i declare the array as DOUBLE then i store the rounded value in to the array of DOUBLE type then it is 100% perfect

So how to resolve this

Main issue is if i declare the array variable as DOUBLE then UNUSED array values are shown as '0' zero this has the issue in CHART and there is a warning message that Zero and negative values are not used in LOG-LOG sheet

Please help to have a solution

Is there any reason to have the data in an Array in VBA as opposed to leaving in cells on a worksheet?

@ Hui

Yes there is

First the amount of data is huge. It has more than 60K xy coordinates

To generate this 60K points if it generated by formula it is not possible as it has many conditions to be satisfied even though it is with formula (i have tried once) the size of the file is as huge as 20MB for one sheet ...i have 6 similar sheets

Thanks

Back