• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Data Comparison

Yulechka

Hello! I have two reports with the mismatched accounts in their appropriate sections. I need to compare what section is missing what accounts. Basically, it's two ways comparison. My approach was with vlookup and then highlight the missing accounts, but it is a tedious process and maybe there is more advanced approach. I am attaching the sample file. Much appreciated your insights!

Attachments

• Accounts Match.xlsx
    11.4 KB · Views: 10
Using Power Query, load each table. Merge the two tables. See Mcode below and attached file for full analysis.

Code:
let
    Source = Table.NestedJoin(Table1, {"Account"}, Table2, {"Account"}, "Table2", JoinKind.FullOuter),
    #"Expanded Table2" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(Source, "Table2", {"Account", "Account Number"}, {"Table2.Account", "Table2.Account Number"})
in
    #"Expanded Table2"

Attachments

• Accounts Match.xlsx
    22.4 KB · Views: 9
Thank you so much! I am not familiar with VB code. Could it be smth by using excel formulas, not a code? Thanks again!

The solution offered is not VBA. It is a Power Query solution that may be examined from the Data ribbon tab by selecting Queries and Connections.

@AlanSidman
You could also evaluate left and right antijoins for @Yulechka
= Table.NestedJoin(Table1, {"Account"}, Table2, {"Account"}, "Table2", JoinKind.RightAnti)

@Yulechka
Were you to have Office 365 Insider Channel, reasonably direct formula solutions would also be available using FILTER
= FILTER( Section2, ISERROR(MATCH(Section2[Account],Section1[Account],0)) )

This is also possible in older versions of Excel using SMALL to pack the missing records down but that is less elegant as well as being somewhat tedious.

The solution offered is not VBA. It is a Power Query solution that may be examined from the Data ribbon tab by selecting Queries and Connections.

@AlanSidman
= Table.NestedJoin(Table1, {"Account"}, Table2, {"Account"}, "Table2", JoinKind.RightAnti)

@Yulechka
Were you to have Office 365 Insider Channel, reasonably direct formula solutions would also be available using FILTER

This is also possible in older versions of Excel using SMALL to pack the missing records down but that is less elegant as well as being somewhat tedious.
Oh, thank you! I will try to learn Power Query and use your Mcode.

@AlanSidman

@Yulechka

@Peter Bartholomew Unfortunately I don't have Office 365 Insider Channel, but thank you, it's good to know.

Back