• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Dashboards - Vertically Stacked tables constrained by column widths

JayTee

Thanks to all who post stuff on here - makes life a little easier for the rest of us!

Heres my prob. I want to create a dashboard from loads of different stuff, the problem is my dashboard isnt just charts - its tables, and because the tables are based on different types of data (for example - numbers columns 1 to 3 then text, then number, text, number in next table) I cant line up the columns in the dashboard (one table above another) - ie some of the data in some of the tables needs wide columns, how do I create a dashboard with columns of diff widths?

I dont think it can be done... cant use anything but EXCEL basic functions - no VBA.

Thank

Hi JayTee,

May be by setting up your second set of data over to the right you can then use the camera tool and take a picture, then put that under the first lot of data?

http://chandoo.org/wp/2008/12/02/excel-camera-tool-help/

JayTee

Just because you want 3 columns doesn't mean you have to use 3 columns.

You can use up to a dozen or so columns and then use them as you please.

I often use columns with tables to give the appearance of indenting.

You can use tools like Left, Indent and Centre Across Selection to adjust alignment of text.

The good thing about having lots of columns is that you can use them to snap your charts and as Oldchippy suggested Camera Tool images, to. Snap by holding the Alt Key as you drag a corner or side of a Chart, Picture or Camera Tool and the object will snap to column and row boundaries. Not only will it snap but if you change the column/row widths the objects change size as well.

Back