• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Dashboard with web links

Greenbriars

I plan to create a dashboard using data obtained from the web. In order to prove the concept and make sure it was practical I created a worksheet which takes information from 4 tables on Google Finance. Worksheet attached.

I have reformatted the tables and used camera to place all 4 images on a single tab (Snapshots). My problem is that if I try to refresh the data Excel goes unresponsive for ages. Am I doing something wrong?

I am using Win 2010 Pro 64b and Excel 2016 32b. I have 16GB RAM.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Web Data.xlsx
    42.1 KB · Views: 5
You should turn off "Enable background refresh" on all connections.

It should take only few seconds to refresh then.

Chihiro

Thanks for your prompt response and your help.

I have turned off background refresh and the connections did indeed refresh more rapidly.

{However I achieved an unexpected result. When I looked at the refreshed data it seems that , my formulae in the Sector Summary tab have disappeared together with the titles. I attach a copy of the file so that you can see what I mean.

I have resolved this issue (I think) by placing my formatted table in F16:G26. Can you explain what has happened, or is it another one of Excel's "Undocumented Features", or bugs as I know them.}

Having looked at this again I now realise that the data connection would appear to have imported invisible data which overwrote my title and formulae. I cannot see a way of establishing exactly which cells will be repopulated when I refresh the data. Just goes to show that things are not always what they appear to be.

Lesson learned!

Many thanks for your help

Attachments

• Web Data2.xlsx
    39.7 KB · Views: 17
Back