• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Dashboard with web links

Greenbriars

I plan to create a dashboard using data obtained from the web. In order to prove the concept and make sure it was practical I created a worksheet which takes information from 4 tables on Google Finance. Worksheet attached.

I have reformatted the tables and used camera to place all 4 images on a single tab (Snapshots). My problem is that if I try to refresh the data Excel goes unresponsive for ages. Am I doing something wrong?

I am using Win 2010 Pro 64b and Excel 2016 32b. I have 16GB RAM.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

Chihiro

Excel Ninja
You should turn off "Enable background refresh" on all connections.

It should take only few seconds to refresh then.

Greenbriars

Chihiro

Thanks for your prompt response and your help.

I have turned off background refresh and the connections did indeed refresh more rapidly.

{However I achieved an unexpected result. When I looked at the refreshed data it seems that , my formulae in the Sector Summary tab have disappeared together with the titles. I attach a copy of the file so that you can see what I mean.

I have resolved this issue (I think) by placing my formatted table in F16:G26. Can you explain what has happened, or is it another one of Excel's "Undocumented Features", or bugs as I know them.}

Having looked at this again I now realise that the data connection would appear to have imported invisible data which overwrote my title and formulae. I cannot see a way of establishing exactly which cells will be repopulated when I refresh the data. Just goes to show that things are not always what they appear to be.

Lesson learned!

Many thanks for your help

Attachments