1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Cut Paste from filtered data

Discussion in 'Ask an Excel Question' started by TPR, Oct 10, 2018.

1. TPR

TPR Member

Dear Friends,

Pls go thru the attached file. It's a trial but in original csv file I have about 5000 rows & few data are like the yellow highlighted in the appended file.

I tried to cut & paste after filtering the column B with selecting 1 & 5. Thereafter I cut that whole range & was trying to paste that in A2 but a pop up message was coming up & the process was failed.

Let me know the exact process of cut & paste the filtered range in the same rows but not in the same column.

That means "1" will be pasted in A2, "5" in A6, "old monk" in B2, "rsw" in B6......

Pls help

Attached Files:

2. Haz

Haz Active Member

Short answer: You can't.

Without any filters you can select A1:G7, press F5 (shows Go To dialog), click in Special, select blank cells only. Now you can delete the selected cells (CTRL+Minus(-)) and select to move cells to the left.
  3. TPR

TPR Member

Dear Friend,
    Thnx for your suggestion, but it is effective when am transferring adjacent cell but if I want to paste those in other cell then what to do ?