• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Customer Statements using Excel Access Integration - Solution Options Please?

Evil_Pugs_Mama

Hi! I'm new to a company. Currently, they are using excel data 3 programs to generate 1 statement. It's a long task, but it would be worth it if the statements were correct, often which they are not!

Data about the customer comes from an online source that can be read as an excel or pdf file. Then additional data is kept in an Access database (which sucks!) Then some "homemade" program combines the data from both and uses excel to run statements.

HELP! There's got to be a better way to generate statements for my customers!

Wow.. this is such a huge question I dont know where to begin. But sounds pretty much like any company. May be you can start by looking for options to automate things and develop routines to clean data. I cannot give specific suggestions without knowing what each of these things are doing....

All the best

(it would help everyone if you name the threads more appropriately)

I would start by developing an understanding of what the business does, how it works internal and external. Systems analysis of data flows is important.

Ideally you need to get all your data in one format or location.

Then you can make a choice of how to best process it.

There are many report writing tools available which can draw data from a number of sources.

Back