• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Custom views

Don

My workbook starts with the month of July and, after entering July data, I copy that worksheet to a new sheet tab in the same workbook and name the new tab August. I enter the data for August and copy that worksheet to a new sheet named September. Each monthly worksheet has six different print views. How can I have the six custom views that I set up for the July sheet copied with each new monthly sheet and refer to the new sheet and not to the original July sheet. Any way to refer to the current sheet name?

Using Excel 2003.

Thanks

Don Scott

Don

Have you tried saving a simple macro and the run it every time you create a new page

Move to the new sheet and run the folowing

Sub Set_Views()

'View1

ActiveWindow.Zoom = 100 'Change to suit

Range("A9").Select 'Change to suit

ActiveWorkbook.CustomViews.Add ViewName:="View1", PrintSettings:=True, RowColSettings:=True

'View2

ActiveWindow.Zoom = 160 'Change to suit

Range("A1").Select 'Change to suit

ActiveWorkbook.CustomViews.Add ViewName:="View2", PrintSettings:=True, RowColSettings:=True

' Copy each block of lines above for more views and change view names as appropriate

End Sub

Running this will override any existing views referring to other sheets

If you can't work out the parameters to change to define your views, record a macro and set the views manually, then examine the code for the new macro

Back