• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Cubic nomogram construction

INC

Help requested. I have been trying to construct a nomogram for uroflowmetry. It is not a linear relationship between the maximum flow rate and flow time. How do I go about it?

Attachments

• Hosmane construction-of-the-flow-rate-nomogram-using-polynomial-regression.pdf
    241 KB · Views: 9
  • siroky flow rate nomogram II 1980.pdf
    173.7 KB · Views: 8
INC

Firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

You should be able to put a chart together simply like these using your data
They are simple X-Y Scatter and an Area Chart

upload_2018-5-19_11-50-49.png

see attached file:

Attachments

• Book1.xlsx
    21.8 KB · Views: 6
INC

Firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

You should be able to put a chart together simply like these using your data
They are simple X-Y Scatter and an Area Chart

View attachment 52287

see attached file:
I don't get it. Do i have to calculate the mean and various SD for the two parameters and then plot that?

I don't get it. Do i have to calculate the mean and various SD for the two parameters and then plot that?
I don't have multiple uroflowmetric readings for the same voided volume. Single voids were taken.

Attachments

• Changoo charts.xlsx
    35.1 KB · Views: 7
I have been rather busy at work this week and so haven't had a look at this
Is there anybody where you work who can help you with this ?

construct a nomogram
I am confused as to what it is that you have been tasked with producing. As far as I can see the references you have provided are to standard charts rather than nomograms. That is, one looks up Volume and Flow Rate to determine a point on the chart and then estimates the number of standard deviations from the contours.

Am I correct in my assumption that you want a completely different representation in which you join the points on two (parallel) axes and read off the standard deviation from intersection of the new line with a calibrated curve?

It is possible to fit a log trendline to the data in the Hosmane et al. paper which could make constructing a nomogram somewhat easier since there are fewer parameters required to fit the curve.

Back