• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Creating array of dates between two dates

tomas

Hi

I have a start and end date and would like to create array of all dates including these two.
Then I will use weekday function to find out whether array contains weekend.

Obviously there are other option how to solve this but if I can do array it seems the best.

Attachments

• Sešit1.xlsx
    8.3 KB · Views: 34
I would iuse a Named Formula
MyDates: =List1!$A$2+ROW(OFFSET(List1!$A$1,,,List1!$B$2-List1!$A$2+1,1))-1

To find out if the list includes a Weekend
=MAX(WEEKDAY(MyDates,2))>5 Ctrl+Shift+Enter

Attachments

• Copy of Sešit1.xlsx
    9.9 KB · Views: 73

Dear Hui
I could not understand the solution part, can you please do me favour by uploading the solution file. thanks.

Last edited:

Thanks works nicely

Hi ,

Another way of obtaining an array of values , where the start value is in one cell reference , say A2 , and the end value is in another cell reference , say B2 , is :

=ROW(INDEX($A:$A,$A$2):INDEX($A:$A,$B$2))

Wrapping the WEEKDAY function around this , and then using the OR function will allow you to check whether the array of dates contains any particular week day.

Since the weekends are at the higher end of the range of values for the week days , the MAX function will work , but if you wish to check whether the array of dates contains a Tuesday , the MAX function cannot be used , because it checks for only one value.

The usage of OR will always work , because the OR function looks at an array of values.

For example to check whether a range of dates contains a Tuesday , which is 2 when the WEEKDAY function is used with a second parameter value of 2 , the following array formula will work :

=OR(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDEX($A:$A,A2):INDEX($A:$A,B2)),2)=2)

Narayan

I'd like to generate the list of dates between a start and end date... any help please.

Or you could buy an Office 365 subscription and use
= SEQUENCE( 1+enddate-startdate, 1, startdate )

Then the fun can start. If you named the formula 'interval.days' you could use it within
= FILTER( interval.days, WEEKDAY( interval.days, 2 ) <= 5 )
to give a list of weekdays within the specified interval.

p.s. If you like your timelines horizontal, all you need do is reverse the parameters in the name 'interval.days' in Name Manager to read
= SEQUENCE( 1, 1+enddate-startdate, startdate )

Back