• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Creating an Information Hub. Matching, Linking & Displaying

HHBerty

I make static caravans. I'm looking to create an information hub and would like some feedback on the best way to do this with formulas please? This is my menu:

Sage.PNG
The plan
  • When a Sage code (6-digit part code) is typed in as shown above, I would like it to offer the option 'View Photo?'. The user would then be able to click on the link to view, then be able to return to the main 'Menu' screen.
  • I would also like the user to be able to 'View Fitting Instruction?' for the same Sage Code, then be able to return to the main 'Menu' screen. Again each fitting instruction would have a unique reference number.
  • If the user wants to see a part fitted in a certain room, they would be able to type in a Range Code, Mark Number and View. Again with a link to images (each image would have a reference number), then returning to the main menu.
Questions
  1. I think this is all possible, am I correct?
  2. What would be the best approach?
  3. I'm not familiar the VBA's. Can it be done with slicers or macros?
  4. What is the formula needed for: when I type in a 6-digit number, it will then find and ask if I want to open the corresponding reference file (which is a jpeg image)?
  5. What would the formula/s be for multi-argument/conditions in the plan above?
If possible, could you explain the various parts of any macros you post, as I would like to understand the workings of them?

Kind Regards and Many Thanks.

I'm thinking the DGET formula could be used, but how would I get it to link to the file name I enter (e.g typing in Sage Code: '123456' would ask me if I want to view the '123456' jpeg image), then open it if YES?

Back