• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Creating an email list thru concatenation

In the attached file, I have a list of email addresses, in column D, then it is modified in column E to include a semi-colon.

In J9, I am concatenating all the email addresses, then pasting the values in J12. Then I can copy J12 and paste that into the 'To' field of Outlook.

This email list can be extensive. In J9, when I concatenate, I have to hold the 'Ctrl' key and select each cell in column E, which could mean many selections if the list is long.

In J9, is there anyway I can just select the entire range of modified email addresses in column E so I don't have to select each cell?

Attachments

• Chandoo.Concatenate Email Addresses.xlsx
    9.3 KB · Views: 7
Both CONCAT and TEXTJOIN accept array arguments. It was this lack that made CONCATENATE such a useless function.
I have assumed the original list of emails has a name and used TEXTJOIN to append the delimiters at a single step
= TEXTJOIN( "; ", TRUE, emailAddress )

Attachments

• Chandoo.Concatenate Email Addresses (PB).xlsx
    15.4 KB · Views: 8
Both CONCAT and TEXTJOIN accept array arguments. It was this lack that made CONCATENATE such a useless function.
I have assumed the original list of emails has a name and used TEXTJOIN to append the delimiters at a single step
= TEXTJOIN( "; ", TRUE, emailAddress )

Very nice. Exactly what I needed. Thank you.

Back