• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Create Popup Window to Display Data From Other Sheets

VB_Noob

Hi All,

In sheet 1, cell A2 has "Popup 1". In sheet 2, cell row 2 contains the data that I want to popup when the user click the text "Popup 1" in cell A2 of sheet 1.

Is there a way to do this in Excel?

Thanks

Thanks guys. Now I want to show more data (multiple rows and columns of sheet 2) in the pop up window. I change the code to the following and it is not working. Or what if I want to display the whole sheet2 or some section of sheet2?

If ActiveCell = "popup1" Then
MsgBox Sheets ("Sheet2").Range ("A2:C2"), bvOKOnly, ""

Last edited:
multiple rows and columns of sheet 2
How many rows and columns? Is the number fixed?
The attached is the same file as before but with the pop-up range reset.
I wouldn't recommend the strategy for a large range though it might be interesting to allow it to scroll through a larger dataset.

Attachments

• Book1.xlsm
    44.4 KB · Views: 78
@Peter Thanks for your help.
But I need a pop up window. The file you attached shows a fixed the pic. The sheet1 contains a lot of data. And the pic is blocking the data of sheet1. So it is not going to work.

The data in both sheet1 and sheet2 are not fixed. I do not know how big data will be in sheet 2. I am creating a study budget planning and forecasting system which a lot of budget data will be pulled from other sources. Right now I am just trying to create some basic functions and it may need to be more complicated than this. I thought about using Microsoft Access. But I will have to wait for more inputs from the team before I can determine whether Excel is not going to handle the job. But I see Excel can do a lot as we can write VB codes. It is an amazing tool.

I have create a popup userform to show the data in sheet2 and it is working! :)

Thanks so much for your help. I will post again if things are getting more complicated.

Guys,

Now I want the popup form to show different data based on various data selection.
For example, I want the popup form to show Cute Puppy Data when I select puppy in A1 of sheet1. Popup form shows Cute Kitten Data when I select kitten in A3 of sheet1, big goose data when I select goose in A10 of sheet1, etc.

Will the if statement work in this case? or we need to use array function?

Hi everybody,
I am looking for a Pop-up GUI (graphical user interface) of a specific selection of a sheet. Think of any kind of application ehre you click somewhere and you get a windows where you can enter your adress, save it then close, BUT you still on the Main page, you see?

Indirectelex
As a new member, You have just read Forum Rules
Please, reread those and You will soon remember
Start a new post every time you ask a question, even if the theme is similar. The original author may continue asking questions whilst the post is in progress and of course if you are answering questions you may need to ask questions of the initial poster.
This thread belongs to Create Popup Window to Display Data From Other Sheets

Back