• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Create a lookup bar on multiple columns in a table.

I would need your help.

I have a complete and exact list of the population (name, surname, fiscal code, address, male/female etc).

Then I have several tables with the same data that were compiled by hand (so they might have errors).

I should start from the handwritten sheets, find in the table complete the name and then copy the line in a new table.

In this way I will have a new table with exact data from the table written by hand (because it is formed by exact data that do not contain errors).

In the past I have seen that there is the possibility to create a search on a column of a table (in my case the table that contains the exact and complete data) where as you enter the characters are displayed only rows that contain the characters entered.

Let me give you an example. In the Name column I have: Mark, Manila, John, Hamas etc.

And in the search bar of the name I enter: M

In the table I will see only the rulers who have as their name: Mark and Manila

If in the Search bar I enter other characters such as: Man

Only the line that has the name will appear: Manila

You can create a file with a multi-column search bar so that the line that interests me is extracted more easily.

Being able to enter the search on several columns I will suffice for example to enter the year of birth, the initial of the tax code and gender m/F and I will be able to find more easily the line that interests me.

Thank you

Back