• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Create a calendar with text and colour from another worksheet

sliderxb

Hello

i need a little help in developing our marketing calendar which contains all of our activity on sheet 1.

column a contains days of week broken down into 5 weeks (only monday to friday)

column b contains the type of activity planned taken from a set of data values. e.g and is in a coloured background cell

Email Marketing

Catalogues

Telsales call

Etc

etc

on sheet 2 i would like to add in a calendar view. i want to be able to run some form of macro that allows you to enter the month, i.e septermber 2013 and then from sheet 1 populate it with the corresponding details from column B. would also like to pull through the colours as well.

i have an example of what i need if need any more details

thanks in advance for any help

Hi ,

If you can upload your example file , that would be nice.

Use any file-sharing website ( speedy.sh , Rapidshare , Hotfile , Skydrive , Googledocs ,... ) , upload your file , set its permissions so that others can download the file without having to register or sign in , and post the access link here in this same topic.

Narayan

Hi

yes that would help

you can download the file at

www.officefriendly.info/chandoo

its entitled office friendly marketing template.xlsx

thanks

Hi ,

This forum has a lot of people who will help.

Can you clarify your requirement a little more ?

Your Template tab has weeks labelled 1 through 13 ; your Calendar View tab has only one month's calendar. How do you want the data from the Template tab to be transferred to the Calendar View tab ? If you change the month on the Calendar View tab , say to October 2013 , from which week on the Template tab should the data be transferred ?

Narayan

It will always be from weeks 1 to weeks 5

I will change the template tab to only show a 5 week as that will be the maxmimum number of weeks in any given month, the calendar tab would pull the data displayed within that period.

does that make sense

thanks

Back