• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

CountIFS with three different criteria

davidb73

I'm having a problem finding the count and the sum of one criteria with two conditions. I have a category of Self-Directed Virtual with different age groups for it and then a column for the total attendance for each age group. The main file has two columns with drop down lists for types and for age groups and a third column for the total number of attendees. I need a formula to give the count of each age group for each category and a formula to add the total of attendance for that group.
I'm able to get the correct numbers for totals of all types and all groups but when I add the third criteria I get errors.

=COUNTIFS($A$30:$A$58,"Recorded",$B$30:$B$58,"Pre School 0-5",$C$30:$C$58)

Attachments

• Sample CountIFS file.xlsx
    11.5 KB · Views: 6
This works for 2 case:
=COUNTIFS($A$30:$A$58,"Recorded",$B$30:$B$58,"Pre-School 0-5")

Can you clearly tell us what the 3rd case is ? as it is unclear above

davidb73, Good morning.

Take a look at your example with my suggested formulas.

Please, tell us if it worked for you.

I hope it helps.

Attachments

• 04-08-2021_Chandoo_Sample CountIFS file.xlsx
    11 KB · Views: 6
I'm having a problem finding the count and the sum of one criteria with two conditions. I have a category of Self-Directed Virtual with different age groups for it and then a column for the total attendance for each age group. The main file has two columns with drop down lists for types and for age groups and a third column for the total number of attendees. I need a formula to give the count of each age group for each category and a formula to add the total of attendance for that group.
I'm able to get the correct numbers for totals of all types and all groups but when I add the third criteria I get errors.

=COUNTIFS($A$30:$A$58,"Recorded",$B$30:$B$58,"Pre School 0-5",$C$30:$C$58)
Hi. Thank you the reply. The third part is the sum of attendees for Recorded and Pre-School 0-5. I need the number events for each type and age group along with attendance for them. This is for monthlyLibrary State and National statistics. Thanks

Count of events is: =COUNTIFS($A$30:$A$58,"Recorded",$B$30:$B$58,"Pre-School 0-5")
Attendance i : =SUMIFS($C$30:$C$58,$A$30:$A$58,"Recorded",$B$30:$B$58,"Pre-School 0-5")

Do you want a summary like this:

see attached:

Attachments

• Copy of 04-08-2021_Chandoo_Sample CountIFS file.xlsx
    14.2 KB · Views: 10
Thank you so much for the help. I need to do the same groups and numbers monthly throughout the rest of the fiscal year and then reproduce it for FY22. I do like the example so maybe I can set it up for monthly use. Thanks for helping with the formulas. I looked at quite a few explanations but they didn’t actually fit for me.

Back