• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Countifs Formula Problem!!!

MarkReddell1

Hello Excelers! I'm need help with this formula: =COUNTIFS(ContractsTable[[Lead]:[ButtonUp]],BP$4,ContractsTable[Year],D5,ContractsTable[Month],C5,ContractsTable[Contracts],1) PS: This range is across 1000 rows & 6 Columns. Is there a way use sumproduct on this??? Thanks 4 any help!!!

I fixed it!!! =SUMPRODUCT(--(ContractsTable[[Lead]:[ButtonUp]]=ContractsTable[[#Headers],[Dylan]])*(ContractsTable[Contracts]=1)*(ContractsTable[Year]=D5)*(ContractsTable[Month]=C5)) Thanks 4 help!!!

@MarkReddell1
Is there a way use SUMPRODUCT on this?
Clearly the answer is yes; but why? COUNTIFS is 3 or more times faster than SUMPRODUCT and can accept arrays in the criteria fields in order to give the results as a single array. The latter point is important feature of exploiting dynamic array solutions.

I agree! However, I couldn't get countifs to work across many columns & rows @ the same time!!! I got sumproduct to work, however, my sure that if there is a way for countifs to work, I would use it instead!!!

You are probably better off with SUMPRODUCT in that case. Although it is possible to use COUNTIFS over a 2D array, all the criteria ranges must have the same number of rows and columns.

Mark

Everything that Peter has said is valid except that I suspect you are checking multiple fields which sumproduct allows, but Countif/s doesn't

The problem is that by using Structured List References, which is good practice, without a file we cannot assist you as we cannot see what is going on with the fields

Typically attaching a small sample file to the post is enough to assist us assist you, which is what Hany Ali was asking

Thanks Again for ALL the wealth of knowledge here on Mr Excel message board!!! Merry Christmas to ALL!!! PS: I use to be able to paste a sample of data, however, its not working currently! Any advise is welcome!!!

Also, do know to call a macro with a delete keyboard stroke??? Reason being, is a have a formula in a cell that also can overridden with a manual entry. However, I would like to restore the formula into cell with the delete key!

Hi ,

Can you please upload your workbook ? In the absence of your workbook , I for one am not able to understand your requirement or your problem.

Narayan

I think tracking individual keystrokes is possible with forms but less so with worksheet data. An alternative might be to monitor worksheet changes and reinstate the formula if a blank is detected.
Rich (BB code):
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Not Intersect(Target, [output]) Is Nothing Then
        If Target.Item(1).Value = vbEmpty Then
            Target.Item(1).Formula = "= REPT(@letter, 6)"
        End If
    End If
End Sub
where 'output' is a named range and "= REPT(@letter, 6)" is a sample formula.

Please remember to follow all forum rules: Thread-hijacking
Good PM, Excel lovers, greetings and I hope this message find you all safe and healthy!!!!
I need to mod bellow formula so the 2 slicers linked work dynamically on the visualization:
Please see the attached Excel file for reference:
I'd like to get this debug portion of the formula (2/3 dimension array)
{"CAS - D.Leg. 1057","D.Leg. 276","D.Leg. 728","Ley No. 30057","Locador de Servicios","PAC/FAG","Practicante / Secigrista"}" from Calculation!$A$4:$A$10 within below formula;
=SUM(COUNTIFS(OFFSET(INDIRECT("CONSOLIDADO["&$A21&"]"),,,COUNTA(INDIRECT("CONSOLIDADO["&$A21&"]"))),B$20,CONSOLIDADO[[Selecciona tu Régimen Laboral o condición de trabajo / servicio:]:[Selecciona tu Régimen Laboral o condición de trabajo / servicio:]],Calculation!$A$4:$A$10,CONSOLIDADO[[OFICINA]:[OFICINA]],Calculation!$H$5:$H$25))
The second criteria when debug (F9), must be linked to a range that when referenced it will have to return:
{"CAS - D.Leg. 1057","D.Leg. 276","D.Leg. 728","Ley No. 30057","Locador de Servicios","PAC/FAG","Practicante / Secigrista"}, separated with comas
and not:
{"CAS - D.Leg. 1057";"D.Leg. 276";"D.Leg. 728";"Ley No. 30057";"Locador de Servicios";"PAC/FAG";"Practicante / Secigrista"}, semicolons, which currently return. BTW I switch those semicolons into comas manually from the cell range above, and it work correct, as opposed to linked to a cell range.

So if there is an Excel function that could be embedded that makes this range Calculation!$A$4:$A$10 to return comas, I will appreciate very much your support. I already tried substitute, replace, etc and no luck. Best regards

Attachments

• modelo Donany.xlsx
    149.6 KB · Views: 2
Back