• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Count Consecutive If

GB

Hi,
can some one please assist with showing me how 2 array formulas can help solve 2 problems as in reference to the attached file and info below:

Problem 1
For each person in column A, I am trying to count the number of consecutive "Y" in column C. I want to show the count value in column D only the next to the last occurrence of the "Y" where the cell below in column C is blank or the person value in column A is different. You will see in column D where I want the answer and what the results should be.

Problem 2
For each person in column A, I am trying to subtract the value in column B if column C = "Y" from the previous value in column B if column C = "Y". You will see what the results should be in column E. The 1st "Y" for each person will not have a result in column E as column B has nothing to subtract from, hence why it is blank in column E in such cases.

Any with either problem is appreciated.
regards
GB

Attachments

• Test.xlsx
    9.9 KB · Views: 3
Hi Narayan
thanks for a great solution. I will test this thoroughly. Sorry for the slow reply.
Regards
GB

Back