• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Copying multiple cells to multiple rows

Matthew Baumann

I am looking for some assistance with copying a formula from 4 adjoining cells to multiple rows below it.
The main problem is that when I use the CTRL+ the fill handle or CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW it only copies to the next break in lines. The issue is caused by the pivot table I'm working in having already sorted lines and condensed them so there are blank lines between the fields I need to fill so I can do the CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN function and hold all keys but the sheet I'm working on has approx 70000 lines in total and multiple blanks across this. Can I set a stop point for the copy/paste function rather than having to hold the 3 keys down for around 20secs as it skips to each new section..? The attached picture shows the jumps that the copy/paste function does using keyboard shortcuts.Copy Paste Demo.png

Hi ,

Select cells Q7:T7 , and select Copy or press CTRL C.

Now select cell Q13 ; press CTRL G or select GoTo ; enter the cell address Q26931 in the Reference Box.

With the SHIFT key pressed , click on OK ; the entire range Q13:Q26931 will be selected.

Press the ENTER key to complete the copy.

Narayan

Thanks for the quick response.

So provided I know what the last cell is I can set the GoTo and it will take in everything to this point..?

Back