• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Copying and Pasting the contents of One Spreadsheet to Another

WRB403

I have a spreadsheet (A) with 30 columns. I have spreadsheet (B) with 20 columns. The columns in spreadsheet (B) are also in spreadsheet (A) and with the exact column headings. They are also in the same order from left to right, however, they are not in the same location. As example, the heading of column G in (A) will have the same heading as column D in (B). This is because some of the columns in (B) are omitted from those shown in (A).

Is there an easy way I can copy the contents of (A) and paste them in (B) such that the column headings are the same in (A) and (B)? Note that I do not to make the first 20 columns in (A) as the 20 columns in (B).

Thank you for any suggestions.

Ok ... it is late and my mind has slowed to the pace of a turtle. I have lost track of Sheets A & B ... my apologies.

Which ever sheet you need to manipulate so it's columns match that other ... consider filtering that sheet so only the
columns that match the other sheet are visible. Then copy only the visible columns.

Lots of info here and on the internet about filtering columns, etc.

You can append the data easily with Power Query. Selecting the column headers you have from workbook B.
No need to go fiddling with copy/ paste.

Ok ... it is late and my mind has slowed to the pace of a turtle. I have lost track of Sheets A & B ... my apologies.

Which ever sheet you need to manipulate so it's columns match that other ... consider filtering that sheet so only the
columns that match the other sheet are visible. Then copy only the visible columns.

Lots of info here and on the internet about filtering columns, etc.
Thank you

Back