• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Cool charting article

dan_l

http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=2146416

It's going to load slow because it's front page on slashdot.

Hi, dan_l!

Are your trying to tempt me to get deeply involved in the art of charting?

Don't do that! Or you'll achieve the goal...

Regards!

We used to use the term "getting information from data." Basically, that means "making sense out of all the noise that are the data."

I'm with you, SirJB7: I hate charts. That's why I've stayed away from Excel as much as I have. I'm more of a PowerPoint, Access, and Flash kind of guy, until recently. I always thought of Excel as for the bean counters. Now that I'm being forced to add some structure to some groups, I'm being led (not quite kicking and screaming) into more and more Excel.

Hi, DonMinter!

As programmer (VB and other letters) I rathter prefer a database (if not mainframe, then SQL, Access) than an Excel file. But I found Excel a so powerful and widespread tool, that sometimes I found myself opening Excel, pressing Alt-F11 and inserting a module, as the first action to face an issue.

Always data-administration focused and only exceptionally data-presentation focused, so charting has been a secondary feature not used a lot, just as needed.

And when I see articles or files like the one dan_l posted, I whisper to myself "wow... I want to do that", so I think I'll be -reluctantly at the beginning and hope smoothly after- walking into charting art.

Regards!

PS: I know remember a chart challenge that I found here, it resulted in a nice exercise, even it has nothing of charting but tracing. Give a look at this: http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/anyone-attempted-to-create-this-using-excel

PS2: Hui has many amazing charting and graphic things made too, here's the link to some of them: http://chandoo.org/wp/about-hui/

Don't miss 3D pendulums!

I don't think I've ever been sorry that I've picked up some cool charting techniques. Now, even if you're powerpoint or flash guy, you can always put some of the same principles to use in that direction as well.

while keeping it equidistant from both poles, start moving it toward the point Flexible LED Strip

halfway between the poles. This doesn't require any work because whatever force the positive pole applies (in the direction) of movement is canceled by the opposite force (in the direction of movement) applied by the negative pole. Note that, as far as work is concerned led strip lighting outdoor

, we only consider the component of force that is in the direction of movement

led strip

@veronisa

(no Hi!)

Another day, another nick, same topic, ... same idiot too?

(no Regards!)

@dan_l

Hi!

On Monday night / Tuesday very early morning, a spammer that usually enters to post long text articles with links to leds & lights webpages wrote in this article and that was my immediate answer. Next day when someone delete the original post, this time forgot to delete my comment and after that it was too late to edit it. Sorry.

Regards!

Back