• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Converting lotus 123 with macros to excel VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costas

Hi,

I have an old lotus 123 file with some macros and I'm trying convert them to vba. Failing that I'll be happy to at least understand what the 123 macros are trying to do so I can recreated them in vba. The other complexity is that the script is not stored under the script editor of 123, instead the command lines are saved on the far right in one of the tabs!! Please see attached.

Has anyone come across anything like this and can throw any light on this?

Thanks
Costas

Attachments

• Script snapshot.jpg
    Script snapshot.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 19
Did some-one just time travelled?o_O
Costas, hopefully the ancient warriors of Chandoo may come to your rescue, in order to motivate them a bit more could you upload your file please. That might help I presume.
I don't know anything about Lotus 123 - besides Lotus being the brand name of a fine cookie where I'm from - just wondering if the code is not in the editor, how is the code getting compiled then? Is it doing anything at all?

Yes, I do know the Lotus cookie you are referring to GranH-Guido, especially the cinnamon one that goes well with Espresso :)

I was amazed too that the code actually runs from within the tab?!? This is one for the History museum...

The file is a contacts list and I'll need to do some serious editing before uploading otherwise I might start seeing life in stripes with all the privacy acts that are everywhere. I see your point though so I'll post a "clean" version asap.

Cheers
Costas

Costas,

From what I can see, you have basic copy (\c) and print (\p) commands. I forgot what (\dq) does (delete... Q? As in, QAnon@realdondaldtrump? I wish.) Unfortunately, you have more going on than simple Lotus macro execution, but a series of variable cursor and keyboard strokes, which MS Excel VBA doesn't like - even when you file advanced settings have been changed to allow Lotus menu transition and navigation. Meaning, to convert it, you will have to have a better command of VBA. ie, you have {End}{Down} range constructs that Range(R1C1) VBA doesn't do, +set print range, and etc. I have created AN ENTIRE Macro Library of comparable Lotus keystrokes and macros in VBA (that I could think of), which should help out if you get used to the unforgiving VBA syntax environment. See attached... xlsm = 2010 executable format. Good Luck.

-Emmett

Attachments

• Macro Library.xlsm
    45.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Macro Library.xls
    137 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back