• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Connecting Excel Table and Pivot Chart using Slicer

fareedexcel

Hi,

I have an excel table and I created a slicer for the table which does the filtering

Now I need to create a pivot chart where the slicer should work for both the excel table and pivot chart?

Basically I need to have one Slicer for Excel Table and Pivot Chart. How it can be made possible??

That can't be done (without VBA, I guess some-one clever can make it work with VBA code). The slicer on a pivot works on the pivot cache. That cache is an in-memory duplicate of the data table. The slicer of the table works on the table range.
So applying a filter on either the table or the pivot is done via separate slicers. They do not coordinate.
You can only bind a slicer to multiple pivots if those pivots share the same cache.

That can't be done (without VBA, I guess some-one clever can make it work with VBA code). The slicer on a pivot works on the pivot cache. That cache is an in-memory duplicate of the data table. The slicer of the table works on the table range.
So applying a filter on either the table or the pivot is done via separate slicers. They do not coordinate.
You can only bind a slicer to multiple pivots if those pivots share the same cache.
You have done any VBA Coding for the same request or can you provide me any guidance on the same on how to achieve this

fareedexcel
As You've written
I (You) have an excel table and I created a slicer for the table which does the filtering.
Many things are possible, but without even a sample of those, it would be a challenge if You won't upload something here.

Back