1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

conditionally display CMD button based on cell value

Discussion in 'Ask an Excel Question' started by Rodger, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Rodger

Rodger Member

I have been trying for some time to figure this out, but alas ...

I have a column, say A1:A20, only some may be populated, but more could be later.
    Is it possible to have a Form Control button appear beside the ones that have text?
    The programming for all the potential buttons is done, but currently they are sitting beside empty cells, I would like them to appear only when the cell beside it has text.

I know there is a way, and prefer to teach myself rather than ask, so thanks if anyone knows the trick.

Rodger
  2. NARAYANK991

NARAYANK991 Excel Ninja

Hi ,

You can use the Workbook_Open and the Worksheet_Change event procedures to hide / display the buttons which have text in the cells beside them.

If you want members to code this for you , please upload your workbook with the buttons in them.

Narayan
  3. Rodger

Rodger Member

That is the idea.
    Hoping for a code to make the un-needed buttons invisible, until the cell next to it is populated.

thanks all

Attached Files:

4. NARAYANK991

NARAYANK991 Excel Ninja

Hi ,

See if this is OK.

Narayan

Attached Files:

5. Rodger

Rodger Member

That is absolutely Perfect!
    I really appreciate you taking the time to do that.

Cheers
    Rodger