• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Conditional Formatting

rajawara

Hi.. I have values in 3 columns (example, A, B & C).
Column A has got numerator(5), B has got Denominator(10) and C has got the percentage of both the value (50%).
In Cell D, I copied and pasted the percentage values in text format (50%).
In Cell E, I combined all 3 values (50% - 5/10)
Now I want to conditional format Cell E, it can be based on column C which is percentage calculation or column D which has text values or column E.
But the formatting should happen on Cell E or range of values in column E.

Would appreciate any support that can be provided.

Attachments

• Formatting Change.xlsx
    9.1 KB · Views: 7
Thanks Herofox..
This is not exactly what I was looking for.
The conditional formatting needs to be on the entire range

I am not sure what changes you wanted to @herofox's solution but here is something different!
Besides the conditional formatting, I have dispensed with the manually copied text column which appears to serve no purpose. Because I am using Office 365, I created the calculated columns using dynamic arrays (but then converted them to CSE arrays for compatibility). Also the fractions in the final column are the result of formatting rather than being echoes of numerator/denominator columns

Attachments

• Formatting Change (PB).xlsx
    16.1 KB · Views: 7
Thank you Peter.
So.. I am preparing a dashboard where the table is one of the various data set.
In column E, the formatting is done. However, I need to show only this data in the dashboard.
Which means the table will be in some other location within the same sheet and the final output will feature in dashboard where I want the conditional formatting to work.
I have attached the actual dashboard which I have created for reference.
Help that I require is conditional formatting done on column Y, AA & AD should reflect exactly on the data in column C, D & E.

Attachments

• Format.xlsb
    37.3 KB · Views: 3
I think that formatting cells by value can only be used for the cells that contain the values. Otherwise you are left with formatting by formula but that is based upon binary TRUE/FALSE criteria and will not give smoothly graduated colour palettes.
In the earlier spreadsheet I used rules; here I have copied the percentage to a narrow field and applied number formatting to hide the number with conditional formatting to introduce coloured patches. I also ignored the conversion to text and brought the values through instead but perhaps you had a reason for the conversion.

Attachments

• temp.xlsb
    47.7 KB · Views: 5
Back