• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Conditional Formatting

Chief Ace

Hi,

Kindly needing help on this conditional formatting. What I am trying to do here is to compare column A, B and D to offset the positive and negative (washout). I highlight it with different colors to show which two rows are offset for that date. I have a formula under the CF but it seems that is not doing what is supposed to do. As you can see on 01 10 18 and 01 12 18 date, I have three entry on each date with different results. I pretty much bummed out on this. Please see sample file. I greatly appreciate any help or guidance to the issue I am facing. Thank you.

V/r

Chief Ace

Attachments

• OWCP Worksheet.xlsx
    15 KB · Views: 4
Try this,

Conditional Formatting formula in A3:F28 :

=(COUNTIFS($A$3:$A3,$A3,$D$3:$D3,$D3)<>MAX(COUNTIFS($A$3:$A38,$A3,$D$3:$D38,$D3)))+($D3<0)

Regards
Bosco

Attachments

• OWCP Worksheet(1).xlsx
    13.7 KB · Views: 2
Hi Bosco,
I greatly appreciate your time. I have a question, there two rows that i have in question (they are in red font). One with a date of 01 08 18 how come it did not highlight in yellow when there's a positive and negative. The other one with a date of 01 20 18 it did highlight in yellow but there is no corresponding negative. Please advise. Thank you.

v/r
Chief Ace

Attachments

• OWCP Worksheet.xlsx
    16.9 KB · Views: 4
1] Disregard my reply in post #.2 should the formula does not work with you.

2] State clear what is your specification/requirement of the Conditional Formatting rule.

Regards
Bosco

Last edited:
Bosco,
i have to compare column A, B and D that will offset the positive and negative. Once it was found it should highlight or strikethrough both positive and negative.
for example:

Col A Col B Col D
01 08 18 LA 8 This row should offset the next row
01 08 18 LA -8
01 08 18 LS 8 This row should offset the next row
01 08 18 LS -8
01 08 18 CT 2 this leaves the next two rows
01 08 18 LA 8

Hopefully this clarify the one that you are asking me. I have attach a sample file. Again, thank you for your time. I really greatly appreciate it.

v/r
Chief Ace

Attachments

• sample.xlsx
    8.9 KB · Views: 2
Back