• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Conditional formatting

jb

Hi Helpers,

I have an excel sheet with around 50 rows containing my students data like roll number, name and other information.

Now column C, F, I and L contains task number assigned to the students.

Number of tasks per day will be equal to number of students.

Requirement is no task must be repeated in one day for any student. While assigning task randomly if one task is assigned twice or more then duplicate cells must be highlighted. I have achieved this by using conditional formatting - highlight cells with duplicate value option.

But my requirement is also to highlight the cells horizontally if one student is assigned duplicate task on any of the day.

For example, in my sample sheet, by mistake I have assigned task 1 to Martin on day 1 and day 4.

In this situation cell C3 and cell L3 both must be highlighted with some color to indicate duplicate task.

If duplication occurs in more than two cells in one row than all cells with duplicate values in same row must be highlighted.

Note:
I have included only 10 students as this is a sample sheet. Number of students are around 50.
I have included only 4 days in sample sheet. Number of days can be increased.

Attachments

• task.xlsx
    8.8 KB · Views: 5
Hi ,

The standard formula for detecting duplicates is using the COUNTIF function , as in :

=COUNTIF($C2:$M2, C2) > 1

Select your entire range C2:M11 and then apply this rule.

Narayan

Back