1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Conditional Formatting with dates and Criteria

Discussion in 'Discuss Data Visualizations and Charting' started by Pete Mccann, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Pete Mccann

Pete Mccann Member

Hello. I am trying to create 3 conditional formatting calculations to give a table like the one below:
    The Start and Finish dates will always be the same (these are Project Milestone tasks so have a duration of zero days). I'm able to get the horizontal yellow row using CF and the Seach() command. But I cannot seem to be able to link the date of the yellow horizontal row in a CF format that will give the vertical green column. I would then like to create the red intersecting box to highlight the "Specific Text" task and the associate date (I think this is some sort of =Row()=Column() command. Any help would be appreciated.
    upload_2018-12-5_10-42-52.png

Attached Files:

2. GraH - Guido

GraH - Guido Well-Known Member

Pete Mccann,

If start and end must be the same, then in your sample all rows are supposed to yellow?

See attached, managed to give you the red one with a simple and condition.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    Pete Mccann likes this.
  3. Pete Mccann

Pete Mccann Member

Thanks Guido - yes, my explanation was not totally clear. It is only when the Start and Finish dates are the same (duration 0) AND there is the "Specific Text" in column B do we need to show the location of the Red Cell. I was thinking that this might need to be done in three stages (1st = row calculation; 2nd = Column calculation; 3rd = Row / Column Intersection calculation). I think your solution is very good. Thank you.