• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Conditional Formatting Excel 2007 - using abs formula

dnegrotto

I have 60 correlations and right now I am just using one of the Color Scale Conditional Formatting that will shade the lowest numbers in red and teh highest in green...what I want do is have a formula so that the closest numbers to zero are highlighted green and the farther you get away from zero (negative or positive) will be red....So i figured if the formula used Absolute values then it would just be the numbers closest to zero would be green and farther away would be red. Eitehr way I am trying to illustrate the best correlations in a color shade vs. the crappier ones.

I am doing it one as like a One Pager Analysis on Funds so its meant to show the correlations of managers etc but I am trying to do it clean so that it cna be printed out and shown to people:

Basically for sake of argument cell A1-B12 all have different correlations, I just want to have some sort of shading so that the ones closest to Zero are colored Green and as it gets farther and farther away from Zero the correlations get red.

In Excel 2010, Conditional Formatting has color scales which will do what you want without any formula

Back