• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Conditional Formatting based on multiple criteria

Shabbo

Dear Sir,

I wanted to highlight duplication entries based on multiple conditions.

Example: if Column C that is entry date, Column E Vehicle number, Column G Type of expenses if same then Column B entry number should be highlighted as duplicate entry.

Example: if Column C that is entry date, Column E Vehicle number is same but columns G Type of expenses are not same then Column B entry number should not be highlighted as duplicate entry.

Attachments

• Finding duplicate entries.xls
    18.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi ,

The formula used in the .xlsx workbook is :

=COUNTIFS($C$2:$C$5, $C2, $E$2:$E$5, $E2, $G$2:$G$5, $G2) > 1

This CF formula is applied to the range $A$2:$I$5.

Since the COUNTIFS function ia available only in Excel 2007 and later versions , for your .xls file , you can use the following formula :

=SUMPRODUCT(($C$2:$C$5 = $C2) * ($E$2:$E$5 = $E2) * ($G$2:$G$5 = $G2)) > 1

Narayan

Hi ,

The formula used in the .xlsx workbook is :

=COUNTIFS($C$2:$C$5, $C2, $E$2:$E$5, $E2, $G$2:$G$5, $G2) > 1

This CF formula is applied to the range $A$2:$I$5.

Since the COUNTIFS function ia available only in Excel 2007 and later versions , for your .xls file , you can use the following formula :

=SUMPRODUCT(($C$2:$C$5 = $C2) * ($E$2:$E$5 = $E2) * ($G$2:$G$5 = $G2)) > 1

Narayan
It worked thanks.

Hello,

I have 10 columns of data, each column has different set of values(one column has values ranging from .01 - 10 and another column has values ranging from 10,000 - 50,000), right now I'm selecting each column individually and applying conditional formatting>Color Scales. Is there a way for us to apply color scales to all the columns?. Format Painter for all columns does not work since each column has different set of values and are not related to each other (when I do that its treating entire column with .01-10 as red and entire columns with 10,000 -50,000 as green). I want to apply conditional formatting color scales on each column. I've been searching on the internet for answers but I can;t find the exact solution. I also can;t fine the color scale as a format if I'm selecting the formula. Please help.

Thanks

Back