• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Conditional Format and Formula

I would like to ask this, in the formula you wrote :
If Table 2 (now in Sheet3) is current (where the Conditional formula apply) and Table 1 is in another sheet, say Sheet4, how would I rewrite the formula ?

=SUM(N(MATCH(K$2,$B$2:$G$2,)=(IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH($A$3:$A$11&",",$J3&",")),$B$3:$G$11)="X")*(COLUMN($B$3:$G$11)-COLUMN($A$2))))

Hi, again!

Try you follow the ranges: All the ranges/cells that point in different sheet, put the name of Sheet before the reference. Is not difficult to make. Blessings!

Well, I found that I may not explained well, sorry for that.
Formatting is OK, and thank you for that but Meaning 2 formula, NO.
Meaning 1, can be any text, it is a description of criteria. I have induced you in error, saying Text 1 for Process 1 or Text 2 for Process 2.
Should be much simple I believe, no need to associate Process number with Text "number"

And... with your last comment... what is your expected answer?

Please, put into an Excel file and explain the logic. Blessings!

Right now, in Table 1 for Process 0, if I change the Meaning 1 from "Text 0" to "abbbacddd" it still show "Text 0" in Meaning 2. And that because "Text" is root and number change with process number.

Attachments

• 02_15_Conditional Formatting NEW.xlsx
    14.8 KB · Views: 2
Like I said, I have started bad, saying Text 0 for Process 0, so in your formula you keep the "Text" and then add after the number from process

I am back again, something is not right, please see "RED"

Attachments

• 02_16_Conditional Formatting.xlsx
    14.5 KB · Views: 2
Back