1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Conditional format a donut chart...

Discussion in 'Discuss Data Visualizations and Charting' started by Gene, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Gene

Gene New Member

Curious how to do this! Sure hope someone can help. I have a very simple doughnut chart that has two series. I am trying to change the color of Series 1 only if it equals 100%. The value for Series 1 can change based on user selection elsewhere and will always range from 0 to 100%. I've attached a very simple file to test.

Is there a way to do this?

Many thanks!
    Gene

Attached Files:

2. Hui

Hui Excel Ninja Staff Member

Gene

I would use some helper cells to add a third series
    upload_2017-1-14_11-54-46.png

upload_2017-1-14_11-55-12.png

See attached file

The small gap at 12 o'clock is caused by the outline being set to white, Set it to none and it will not be there

Attached Files:

Thomas Kuriakose likes this.
  3. Gene

Gene New Member

Many thanks, Hui!! I am notorious for over complicating even the simplest of things! Really appreciate the quick response.

Cheers,
    Gino
  4. Mark Lissaman

Mark Lissaman New Member

Hui, loving the use of a circle pic as the back ground to add a different visualisation of a doughnut chart. Drove me nuts intially trying to work out how it was done 'til in struck me. Will be employing this method going forward :)
  5. Hui

Hui Excel Ninja Staff Member

Mark

Firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

I'm confused, There is no "Circle" background, it is a simple Donut Chart
  6. Mark Lissaman

Mark Lissaman New Member

Then I'm confused?! I couldn't work out why the grey line was thin compared to the blue line. You've not used soft edge etc and the border has no line. I noticed the plot area has a fill set to 'Picture or texture fill' and setting it to no fill etc removes the grey circle.

If it's not an image of a grey circle then how have you done it?
  7. Indi

Indi New Member

I'm confused as well about the grey circle and how to format it?
    Thanks Hui for your attached donut chart, it was very helpful.