• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Complex look up

Renison patelia

Good morning gentlemen,

I hope you all are doing well. Attached is the excel sheet of my new problem. I have column A with eq tag and row 1 with dates.
2 is the data in remaining rows corresponding to column A. I wish to replace 2 with column A with its correspondence. Means example bb1_A3 cell is corresponding to C3 cell hence in New sheet I need bb3 at C3 cell and so on for remaining eq tag in column A. It is necessary have the output data under same dates in row 1.
The out put can be generated in another sheet also no need for generating in same sheet.

Looking forward to have your support.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Eq.xlsx
    10.7 KB · Views: 4
Hi ,

There seems to be a typo in your post ; where there is a 2 in cell C3 , do you want bb1 or bb3 ?

If it is the former , a simple IF formula will do :

=IF(B2 = 2, $A2, "")

Obviously , this formula has to be entered somewhere else in the same worksheet.

Narayan

Because I am using Office 365 with dynamic array formulas, I place the formula
= IF( data, EQTag, "" )
in cell B2 of Sheet2. If there is any chance of the data containing text or other values then the formula becomes
= IF( data=2, EQTag, "" )
Either way, the formula spills to fill the range B2:O20 without requiring traditional spreadsheet concepts like relative referencing or semi-anchored references.

p.s. All, if I am getting to be annoying by quoting DA solutions to every problem, I am willing to just go away! :)

Attachments

• Eq (PB).xlsx
    19.7 KB · Views: 2
Back