• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Compare Two Sheets and Find the count differences

fareedexcel

Hi,

I have a workbook with Two Sheets namely old and New Sheet which has employee records. I need to compare both the sheets and find the difference as per the column header and the differences count to be captured in the Summary Sheet.

I have attached a sample file for reference. Kindly help.

Note - In both the sheets Master data will be not equal and the rows may vary. New Sheet data to be looked up with the old sheet data and say the count differences. I tried with Sum product but it's not helping, as the requirement is to match against the erp number from New sheet to Old Sheet records.

Attachments

• Sample Data.xlsx
    14.1 KB · Views: 10
Thanks Bosco for the Formula it works perfectly. But may I know the reason why you checking whether G2:G100 is not equal to blank?

Thanks Bosco for the Formula it works perfectly. But may I know the reason why you checking whether G2:G100 is not equal to blank?

The reasons are :

1] The testing columns of 2 tables are in difference range length, thus the formula use a longer range i.e. G2:G100 to cover both ranges length.

2] "Not equal to blank" -->> to ignore blank cells.

Regards
Bosco

Last edited:
Back