• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Compare 3 lists and update both

ravikiran

Hi gurus,

I need a quick help. I am looking at comparing three lists (NamedRanges from different workbooks), which have few common values. I am trying to update all 3 NamedRanges by adding the distinct values from others. Typically all 3 lists look alike (without any duplicates) once updated. Example file attached.

Input: 3 Named ranges listA, listB and listC (cols C, D and E in the example file) from 3 different workbooks
Output: Named ranges listA, listB and listC should be updated as cols K, L and M in the example file.
In my case, I have these 3 lists in different workbooks.

Is there a possibility to extend the number of lists just by adding list name to the input parameter?

Thanks in advance,
RK.

Attachments

• Compare lists sample data.xlsm
    10.1 KB · Views: 1
Yes Yasser, as I did not receive help overnight, thought it would be better to request on Ozgrid as well. Unfortunately, in the rush of things, I forgot to update the cross post in both the forums. Thanks for correcting.

I still appreciate any suggestion from gurus, on how to tackle this code, especially make it flexible for multiple lists.

Thanks.

All 3 lists are in all 3 workbooks in the same sheet? You want a union with no duplicates? I would use a dictionary method for that and just replace all and reset the range extents..

Back