• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Combine Two Source Tables with Different Relationships in dimension table columns

Dear Dilawer!

First you need to understand that both source tables should be linked with all tables.

1. For this you first merge Customer table & Distributor table by adding helper column (Customer name& Distributor Name)

2. Secondly you need to add helper columns in both sources which is (item code& item name.

Now data is shaped better. While merge two source table in power query then add helper column which has filter primary and secondary sales.

Hope you understand.

Yes, I looked my question from an expert view and a thought to share it may be it help others. Thank you Chihiro as ever you are there to help.

@dilawer5

First up, stop talking to yourself in public. :D
Jokes aside, I think a better option is to combine two tables to one using either Power Query or Combine DAX function. You may also add a type column in source tables to distinguish tables. Then set up star schema (ie just connect the dimension tables to single fact) and use CALCULATE to filter your measures by either table values.

If you wish to retain both tables, you can use the excellent USERELATIONSHIP() to define which relationship should be used when defining the filter context for the measure.

Hope that helps.

Back