• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Circularity Breaker - simple, yet not working

JohnnyBeBetter

Hi,

Thank you in advance for your help on what seems a very frustrating, but solvable (I hope) problem.

I have a very simple macro that tries to break the circularity on Loan Payment calculations (code below). It is supposed to run until the difference between the Live cell value (referenced from another tab) and the pasted (macro sought value) is zero. For some WEIRD reason, this macro runs FOREVER, although, while it runs, I can see that it found two similar (whole numbers) values in the the Live and Paste cells. Since it runs forever without finding a solution, I stop it. The, if I go into excel and MANUALLY (what the macro should have done AUTOMATICALLY) paste the Live value over the Paste cell value, I solve for the value. After 1 or 2 manual Ctrl+C /Ctrl + V, voila, it works and the difference between the two is 0.

I have two questions:

1. Why isn't the macro running at least a couple of times more to find a solution that it already found? It is supposed to loop until the difference between is 0, yet it stops before the last 1-2 tries.

2. How can I re-write the macro to automatically do the copying/pasting that I manually do to find a solution?

Thank you so much for your help!

>>> use code - tags <<<
Code:
Sub Loan_Sizing()   
    Do
        Application.Calculation = xlCalculationSemiautomatic             
        Range("Levrg_paste").Value = Range("Levrg_live").Value
        Range("Loan_Paste").Value = Range("Loan_live").Value
        Application.CalculateFull
    Loop Until Range("Levrg_Check").Value = 0 And Range("Loan_Check").Value = 0
End Sub

Last edited by a moderator: