1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Circle Charts

Discussion in 'Discuss Data Visualizations and Charting' started by Joseph Horling, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Joseph Horling

Joseph Horling Member

Hi Chandoo Experts,

Happy Saturday! I have made a sports dashboard. Under the "Pitching Dash" tab I have created some circle charts. The only problem I am having is that the inputs are not changing when I select the player from the drop down list above. Can you check the formulas underneath the charts to see what I did wrong? I appreciate the help. Joe, Michigan.

Attached Files:

2. GraH - Guido

GraH - Guido Well-Known Member

Joseph Horling,
    Your data series are not dynamic. You refer to pitches B2 which will always return the data for Joba Chamberlain.
    You could add a in your data a lookup table that fetches the required data to plot on the chart. =VLOOKUP(name entered, dataTable, requiredColumn).
    In uploaded file: chart still refers to B2, but that cell now responds to the selected player name.
    Now you need to repeat this for all of your charts.

Attached Files:

3. Joseph Horling

Joseph Horling Member

Thank you. You guys are awesome
  4. Joseph Horling

Joseph Horling Member

Hey G,

Is there a way that I can connect the charts, the era chart, and the vlookup on the pitches tab?
  5. GraH - Guido

Sorry Joseph, I do not understand the question, probably like very often there is a way in Excel to accomplish stuff. But what is your aim?
  6. Joseph Horling

Joseph Horling Member

Hi G,

I was hoping to just connect the slicer I have so that the everything will work in
    one spot instead of jumping back and forth from the pitches tab to the dash tab and manually selecting the player from the drop down list. I want the era chart to change and the circle charts to change when I click on one of the players names on the slicer. Don't know if that is possible, but hoping.
  7. GraH - Guido

It is possible. Your workbook could do perhaps with some lay-out enhancements to make it easier.
    Here is a way how it can be done:
    - copy the pivot to "pitches"
    - put name in row labels
    - connect your slicer to this pivot (when it is clicked, only that name will be in the list)
    - in the "lookup table" you change the player name by a reference to the new pivot

Attached Files: