• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Check Box

Troll Farmer

Good Afternoon,

Need some help in the enclosed, it's a performance evaluation.if it can be created in a check box with automated calculation.

Please advise if it can be perfected in some other formats with calculation

Attachments

• Excel - Sample.xlsx
    13 KB · Views: 5
Hi,

Welcome to the forum :)

Please refer to the attached sample...
You should probably avoid using check boxes for this one as it would allow you to select more than one column in each of the 20 rows... option buttons are better in my opinion.

I didn't understand the last part, though: Figure Showing with "Out of Calculation like "88 out of 100". Could you explain it better?

Hope this helps

Attachments

• Excel - Sample.xlsx
    74.4 KB · Views: 8
Hi ,

A formula such as :

=SUM(E24:J24) & " out of " & J24 * COUNTA($B$3:$D$22) * 0.1

will display the text string : 88 out of 100.

In cell E26 , use the formula :

=SUM(E24:J24)/100

to display the percentage as 88.00% , once the cell has been formatted as Percentage.

Narayan

Another option,

to use Custom cell format, and change 1 to tick like a Checkbox.

1] Select E3:J20 >> Format Cells >> Number tab >> Custom, in the type box enter: [=1]ü;

and >> Font tab, choose "Wingdings" >> OK

2] All the original content/formula without change

Regards

Attachments

• CF Sample(1).xlsx
    14.2 KB · Views: 5
Thank You all for your help i have run the formula's but it seems some error, i have attached sheet, errors highlighted in Yellow

Attachments

• Excel - Sample (2).xlsx
    73 KB · Views: 3
Hi,

You should probably use group boxes as they will ensure that all option buttons inside can't be used simultaneously...

Attached!

Attachments

• Excel - Sample (2).xlsx
    143.8 KB · Views: 2
Appreciate your prompt reply...but the figures in Grand total changes whenever i tick other boxes....grand total is like marks...60 out of 100 but the figure 100 changes as the value in J34 changes

Attachments

• Excel - Sample (2) (1).xlsx
    115.9 KB · Views: 4
Thank so much...Actually kind of i am on a beginners level in excel...don't know so much about the formulas...anyways it's perfect and excellent.

Have a nice evening you all

Back