• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Chart not reflecting changes to data

SimonK

Hello Everyone, I hope there is a simple explanation for this issue:
I am working on a soil water balance model in Excel and I need to manually adjust monthly variables attempting to match real collected data.

When I change a value, the chart was updating but is no longer. The only way I've found to recognise the change in the chart is to change datasets and then change it back again. Then I can see the change. (This is tedious)

Is there any tricks people know to refresh the plot of a chart?

The file is pretty big and I'm not at liberty to share the file but I have uploaded a screen shot of what I'm working on.

Attachments

• graph not refreshing.png
    graph not refreshing.png
    380.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Use Named Formulas "Named Ranges" to select the data and base the chart on these

As data is added/removed they will update

Thanks Hui, I'll have to trust that you're right but this sheet is quite complicated and there are lots of named ranges in the mix and some that aren't named too so it will take some time to work through it all. Cheers

I didn't get to 11,035 posts by giving people bad advice

There are many issues that can stop charts updating, but the main culprit is incorrect data ranges

Use of Named Formulas is a solution that helps that issue

Of course without a file to actually see, I may be totally wrong

Back