• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Change existing formula

Jet Fusion

Hi

How would I alter an existing formula to show a blank cell if no data is in adjacent cells and copied down to multiple rows.

=IFERROR(IF(SEARCH("*Electronically*",D$11,1),"Electronic"),IF(SEARCH("*By Hand*",D$11,1),"Hand"))

Thanks in advance

Jet

Jet Fusion

Check if this is how you want it

=IFERROR(IF(SEARCH("*Electronically*",D$11,1),"Electronic",IF(SEARCH("*By Hand*",D$11,1),"Hand")),"")

Decio

Decio

Thanks for your reply unfortunetly it still showing in cells when no adjacent text is entered. Even when I pull down to copy the formula it shows it as copied text.

I've added a dummy file, so where Col B is empty Col C should be but still have the formula when Col B does get a value.

This is what I used on my other formulas and they seem to work so not sure where I am going wrong.

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(C16,Register!A1:B233,6,FALSE),"")

Attachments

• Book2.xlsx
    9.1 KB · Views: 4
Sorry my bad the reason I had B$4 was because whatever B4 is it would show in all the cells that have data in cells B & C and it should show a blank cell not FALSE if there is no data in cells B & C (as in attached).

o_O sorry

Attachments

• Book2.xlsx
    9.6 KB · Views: 4
@Jet Fusion

You can ask as many times as you need because we are here to help, no need to apologize

Check if this is how you want it

Decio

Attachments

• Book2 Decio.xlsx
    10.3 KB · Views: 5
@deciog

Thanks, appreciate the help you guys do, hat off *bows*

okay it's doing half of what I wanted, maybe I'm not explaing correctly, my apologies.

B4 will have 2 variations either "CC" or "EE" (CC & EE is a reference not coloums) which will then become "C" or "E" starting in
D6 depending if B6 has a value in.

so if B4 = EE

B6 = 1
C6 = 2
D6 = E

And it will go on for how ever many rows there is data in COL B from B6 and if no value then all cells will be blank.

Not sure I understand.

EE/CC will be based on this formula

=IFERROR(IF(SEARCH("*EE*",B4,1),"E",IF(SEARCH("*CC *",B4,1),"C")),"") but should only fill in a value if from row B6 has a value and continues for the rest of the rows. If B6 or any row after has no value then it will be blank.

hi.... it must be as
Code:
IFERROR(IF(SEARCH("*EE*",B4,1),"E",IF(SEARCH("*CC *",B4,1),"C","")),"")

Decio

Thanks, I always return here as I think the help on this forum is the best

I actually have another post no ones has replied because I think it's a little . So if you up for the challenge any help is appreciated.

Back