• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Cap Table Scenarios

slstewart249

I am modeling out a Cap Table Scenarios for new round of funding.

1) I looking to determine how much money current investors would need to invest to maintain their ownership %.

2) I am also looking for a way to have a stock option pool be 20% of Total shares.

I am hitting a wall due to circular references. In the attached spreadsheet the ORANGE CELLS are the ones giving me grief with TEXT boxes to further explain.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Equity-scenarios-HELP.v1.xlsx
    226.4 KB · Views: 4
Hi ,

Explaining your requirement using finance terminology will mean nothing to those who are not in that field or knowledgeable about finance.

If you can explain everything with reference to your worksheet cells , you are likely to get an answer faster.

Which worksheet tab is to be used ?

Which cells are to be used ?

What should the formula return ? This is a manually calculated value so that the output from any formula that is created can be verified with this manual output.

Narayan

Hi
Point taken about the finance terminology.

1) FOR ROWS 37-40, COL T, TRYING TO BUILD FORMULA THAT WILL RESULT IN THE $ AMOUNT THAT WILL MAKE COL R % NUMBERS THE SAME AS COL J.
HOW DO TO THIS WHEN COL R IS BASED ON TOTAL IN COL Q/ROW 46?
COL R NEEDS TO TOTAL 100%

2) HOW TO MAKE COL N ROW 60 BE A % INSTEAD OF ABSOLUTE NUMBER THAT WILL RESULT IN ROW 45/COL Q INCREASING TO REFLECT 20% OF COL Q'S TOTAL?

I've reattached the file.

Attachments

• Equity-scenarios-HELP.v2.xlsx
    226.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi ,

Let us take your first requirement.

FOR ROWS 37-40, COL T, TRYING TO BUILD FORMULA THAT WILL RESULT IN THE $ AMOUNT THAT WILL MAKE COL R % NUMBERS THE SAME AS COL J.

First , suppose the dollar amounts in T37:T40 vary. How will the values in column R change ?

The formula in T37 is :

=J37*$N$64

The value in N64 is a manually entered value. At present , it has a value of 2,50,00,000. Changing this to some other value will change the values in T37:T40.

The values in column R are dependent on the values in column Q , which in turn are dependent on the values in columns M , O and P.

The values in column M are dependent on the values in column I ; the values in column O are dependent on the values in column N , and the column P is entirely blank.

Thus , the values in column R are dependent on the values in columns I and N.

Changing the values in column I will change the values in columns J and R.

Changing the values in column N will change the values in column R alone.

Changing the formula in column T will not change the values in column R or column J.

Can you clarify / comment ?

Narayan

You should post links here to the other forums where you have posted this request - there are at least two and you have already received help on one.

Back